Vastu Shastra- The ancient science of architecture for home
By Akashvaani Staff on 21/08/2017 in
Our home is a part of our identity. It is where our heart lies. Home is not just a place to live but also a place where we find peace and solace. However, there are times when our home becomes just the opposite of everything we aspire for. Since every part of our home is laced with décor and design, we should make sure that all these elements enhance the positivity of our house.
Home is also called Vastu in Sanskrit, which means dwelling. Vastu Shastra is the ancient Hindu system of architecture, which means the science of architecture. It dates back to approximately 6000-3000 B.C. and has been mentioned in the Vedas as well. It incorporates designs, layouts, measurements, ground preparations, spatial geometry etc.
In Vastu Shastra, the designs are meant to align with nature and the various positive aspects of the structure using geometric patterns (yantra), symmetry and directional alignments.
Vastu Shastra for home plays a major role in dictating energy and maintaining good energy flow. It has gained immense popularity amongst home owners of every kind, especially urban dwellers. However, it is used widely because of its positive impact on the home and the home owners.
We all want Vastu Shastra for home as it cleanses the abode and create a peaceful haven for the dwellers. Also, limited space has indeed made it necessary to apply various rules given in the Vastu Shastra.
Read on to know few Vastu Shastra tips for home so that you can turn your life into a better one and your abode into a serene space.
1. Since Vastu Shastra is as scientific as religious, the foremost compulsion in every home is Tulsi plant. As, you must know, Tulsi plant has many health benefits. It is also considered as one of the highly auspicious plants in Hindu religion. According to Vastu Shastra, Tulsi plant placed near a window or balcony purifies the air that enters the house.
2. According to Vastu Shastra, every door of the house must be maintained properly so it makes no cracking sound. The sound is deemed inauspicious in Vastu Shastra.
3. Mirrors should never be part of a bedroom according to Vastu Shastra. However, modern bedrooms are incomplete without a mirror. To escape the negative effects emitted by mirrors, try to always cover up the mirror when not in use, especially during the night. Also avoid positioning the mirror in front of the bed.
4. Bedroom has always been a place where you spend alone time, intimate moments and rest. Therefore, always keep it clutter free. Also, ensure that your head while sleeping is in the east or south-east direction.
5. To maintain peace and harmony in the house, it is suggested to pray every day morning and evening. Also, lit earthen lamps (diya) and incense sticks. Connecting with the spiritual being is necessary as it allows realizing the importance of life and being thankful for everything.
6. Kitchen is also regarded as one of the holy places in a house. Kitchen is where food is prepared to keep the family members healthy. Therefore, it is advisable to not keep any kind of medicines in the kitchen.
7. As per Vastu Shastra, the God of money, Kuber, resides in the north direction. Therefore, if you keep your north direction always clean and take good care of it, then you will never face financial problems. Also, placing Kuber’s idol in the north direction is considered very good.
8. Never keep thorny plants such as cactus, and violent images in the home. It is considered inauspicious in Vastu Shastra and might lead to various problems.
9. According to Vastu Shastra, you must refrain from buying a house with 5 corners in a ceiling. Rather, always stick to 4 corners only.
10. It is also said that you should place the idol of Lord Ganesha and Goddess Saraswati in the study room. It is believed to increase concentration and help to excel in academics, office work, etc.
With so many Vastu Shastra tips for home, it’s feasible to bring positivity and serenity in the house. These tips will help you improve the energy of your home. Along with improving the energy of the home, you should also practice positive actions such as meditation, charity, and more.
Although, it is best to follow the Vastu Shastra tips while creating the blue-print for the home. For instance, bhumi poojan is a must after buying a plot to know the energy of the plot. Bhumi Poojan is also considered auspicious before the construction of a house.
However all these are not possible for urban city dwellers. Therefore, Vastu Shastra also offers simple tips that are sure to enhance the quality of your living.