Everything about kal sarpa dosha according to vedic astrologer
By on 08/11/2019 in
An individual would have heard about Kala Sarpa Dosha or Kala Sarpa Yoga in his lifetime. It is noticed that people born under this Dosha go through a lot of ups and downs in life.
It is known as a Dosha because it mostly gives inauspicious result. When all the planets are inside the Rahu-Ketu axis, they become ineffective and do not give result as per their full potential. That is why it is often known as Dosha rather than Yoga. It doesn’t mean everyone who is having this Yoga will suffer in their life.
- What is Kala Sarpa Dosha
The meaning of Kal means Time and Sarpa means serpent. In Vedic Astrology, the shadow planets Rahu and Ketu is known as great serpent. Rahu is known as the Mouth of the Serpent and Ketu is supposed to be the rest of the Body. Kala also denotes Yama, the Lord of Death. Thus, Kala symbolizes time and mortality and Sarpa symbolizes snake and poison. Kalasarpa Dosha thus denotes a period when the individual suffers from the harmful effect of planetary positions in his natal chart.
- What are the combination of planets make it happen
Kala Sarpa Doshaoccurs when all the planets are placed between Rahu and Ketu. The planets Rahu and Ketu are always in the seventh house from each other. If all the other planets reside within these seven houses and the other houses in the natal chart are empty, the person has Kala Sarpa Dosha
If any Planet is out of this Rahu-Ketu axis, there is a break in this Kala Sarpa Yoga and No Malefic Result of this Yoga will be experienced. Even if Lagna or ascendant is out of this axis, this Yoga will not be formed. For ideal formation all the signs between Rahu and Ketu need to be occupied by planets continuously and No Sign should be empty.
Basic two types of Kala Sarpa Dosha are present.
- Savya Kalasarpa Dosha: In this Dosha, the nine planets which are trapped between Rahu-Ketu are moving clockwise from Rahu towards Ketu.
- Apasavya Kalasarpa Dosha: In this Dosha, the planets are moving in an anticlockwise direction from Ketu towards Rahu.
Rahu is considered to be the head of the serpent and Ketu is the tail. Ketu is often said to be less malefic than Rahu, so some consider the Apasavya Kala Sarpa Dosha as less harmful.
- Effects of Kala Sarpa Dosha
People having this yoga at birth can experience unexpected Success or Failure as per their Past life Karma.If Rahu or ketu joins with any planet placed in Lagna or 7th house, inauspicious result of this Yoga reduces to a large extent.
There are 12 types of Kalasarpa Dosha depending on the house in which Rahu is positioned and so are the different effects.
- Ananth Kalasarpa - Rahu is in the 1st House and Ketu is in the 7th House. The main effects may chiefly include mental strife, disturbed marital life, and problems with government departments. It also increases the courage and self-confidence of the individual.
- Kulika Kalasarpa –Rahu is in the 2ndHouse and Ketu is in the 8th House.This Kalasarpa dosha can cause health problems, financial problems, and problems in relationships with family and society.
- Vasuki Kalasarpa - Rahu is in the 3rdHouse and Ketu is in the 9th House.Health issues, troubled relationship with siblings, stumbling blocks in education and career are seen in Vasuki Kalasarpa dosha as well as it may also cause stress and hypertension.
- Shankha Kalsarpa - Rahu is in the 4thHouse and Ketu is in the 10th House. The individual has trouble forming friendships, enjoying life, having a good relationship with the father and might also have a negative impact on the mother.
- Padma Kalasarpa - Rahu is in the 5thHouse and Ketu is in the 11th House. This Dosha could cause problems in education and romance and could also affect the health of spouse and child pregnancy.
- Mahapadma Kalasarpa – Rahu is in the 6thHouse and Ketu is in the 12th House.Financial troubles, problems with maternal relatives could be seen in this Yoga. Mahapadma Kalasarpa doshacould also lead the individual on a spiritual path and bestow leadership qualities
- Takshak Kalasarpa - Rahu is in the 7thHouse and Ketu is in the 1stHouse. This Yoga might lead to health problems, marital trouble, and problems with partners in a business.
- Karkotaka Kalsarpa - Rahu is in the 8thHouse and Ketu is in the 2ndHouse. The individual could have personal magnetism and power of speech but gravitates towards negative elements and bad company.
- Shankhachood Kalasarpa - Rahu is in the 9thHouse and Ketu is in the 3rdHouse. The individual might not experience parental love but the person is courageous and has good perseverance.
- Ghatak Kalasarpa - Rahu is in the 10thHouse and Ketu is in the 4th House.This Kalasarpa Dosha creates strife within the family, dissatisfaction with their job yet the individual might gain political power if there are beneficial effects from other planets.
- Vishadhara Kalasarpa - Rahu is in the 11th House and Ketu is in the 5thHouse. This Yoga givesproblems related to education, finance, relationship with brothers, and children. But, the second half of life might be more peaceful compared to earlier life.
- Sheshanag Kalasarpa - Rahu is in the 12th House and Ketu is in the 6th House.The individual may face many health problems, trouble from authorities, broken marital relationship and may gain fame after death.
Kalsarpa Dosha has many negative effects, depending on Rahu’s placement in the horoscope. Yet, Kalasarpa dosha effects on marriage are the most common and severe, causing a lot fo misunderstandings, quarrels, and broken marriages.
- Remedies for Kala Sarpa Dosha
- Donation of milk to a temple or a religious institution should be done.
- Meditation should be done every day for around half an hour
- Worship Shiva and Parvati, the ruling deities of Rahu should be undertaken.
- “Om Namah Shivaya” should be chanted 108 times in front of a Siva Linga daily.
- Take Darshan of any of the 12 Jyotirlinga Kshetras.
- Gayatri Mantra should be chanted 108 timesdaily.
- Perform puja to a small silver idol of Nag Raj daily.
- Milk and honey should be offered for Pradosha Puja on Trayodashi day at any Shiva temple.
- If you have committed any sin of killing a snake, then perform Sarpa Samskara at places like Kukke Subramanya Temple in Karnataka, Kalahasti Temple in Andhra Pradesh, or at Thirunageswaram in Tamilnadu.
For more information on Kala Sarpa Dosha, do consult our astrologers.